There are a few basic requirements that applicants must meet to be considered for the GSM program. While this is not a comprehensive list of all eligibility criteria, it does give a good idea of the minimum standards, applicants must meet:
- Age – you must be under 50 years of age when you apply.
- English language – you should have enough proficiency in the English language to work in Australia (at least at competent level). This is measured through the IELTS or PTE or CAE exam.
- Qualifications – you must have your skills and qualifications assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for your nominated occupation.
- Nominated occupation – when you apply; you nominate a skilled occupation, which fits your skills and qualifications. Your nominated occupation must be found on the Skilled Occupations List.
- Skills assessment – before you apply, you must have your skills assessed by the Australian assessing authority designated to assess your nominated occupation.
- Health assessment – you must undergo a medical assessment and show that you are in reasonably good health.
- Character assessment – you must be of good character, usually this means a criminal record check.
If you are unable to meet these basic requirements, then you should NOT continue with a General Skilled Migration application. Fill out the assessment form to understand your eligibility when it comes to Australian immigration.