Student Visa

International students have a variety of options for studying in Australia and tens of thousands of students travel to the country every year to take advantage of the high level of education offered. From primary school all the way to post graduate study, our team can help you get the most out of your studies in Australia.


The Australian student visas system currently has the following subclasses:

  • Independent ELICOS Visa (Subclass 570): For international students travelling to Australasia to study on an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
  • Schools Sector Visa (Subclass 571): For children travelling to Australia to study at a primary or secondary school.
  • Vocational Education and Training Sector Visa (subclass 572): For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a vocational or training qualification, such as a:
  • Certificate I, II, III, or IV
  • VET Diploma
  • Advanced VET Diploma
  • Vocational Graduate Certificate
  • Vocational Graduate Diploma
  • Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 573): For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a higher education qualification, such as a:
  • Associate degree
  • Bachelor’s degree
  • Graduate certificate
  • Graduate diploma
  • Master’s degree (taught/coursework based only)


  • Higher Education diploma/advanced diploma
  • Postgraduate Research Sector Visa (Subclass 574): For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a research based Master or Doctoral degree.
  • Non-Award Sector Visa (Subclass 575): For international students travelling to Australia to study towards a non-award foundation course or other fulltime course which does not lead to an Australian award.
  • Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector Visa (Subclass 576): For international students who are sponsored by Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, or Australia’s Department of Defense, to study towards any type of course in Australia.
  • Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 580): For parents and guardians of international students under the age of 18 who are studying in Australia. In some cases, guardians of students over the age of 18 may also be granted visa.

Rightstep Migration can help you continue your education in some of the top-ranking Universities and Colleges across Australia. It has been one of the top choices for thousands of students from across the globe who wish to continue their education in graduate, postgraduate and master’s program.  We can help you make the right choices to meet your education goals.  Our expert advices can help you narrow down your search to tailor the student visa assistance you’re looking for. Speak to one of our student visa experts to find out the exact requirements for your student visa process by filling an inquiry today and we will get back to you in no time.

Get in touch with us to know more about the process and information.

© 2021 Rightstep Migration. All rights reserved.
Free Assessment