Representative of an Overseas Business visa

You can apply as a representative of an overseas business if you’re either:

  • The sole representative of an overseas business planning to set up either a UK branch or wholly owned subsidiary
  • An employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organization posted on a long-term assignment to the UK

How long it will take If you apply from outside the UK, the earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. If you apply from inside the UK you will get a decision within 8 weeks.

UKVI will contact you if your application will take longer, for example:

  • If your supporting documents need to be verified
  • If you need to attend an interview
  • Because of your personal circumstances (for example, if you have a criminal conviction)
  • Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expires.

Some of the key points that you can consider:

  • Prove that you are opening a branch of your business in UK. Existing business registration documents will be required.
  • Spouse can be main applicant although they need to have partner visa or from the same company has to have managerial level visa; holds a senior position within the company (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf.
  • Basic English level A1 in speaking and listening required.
  • Company letter head should mention that the client or any of his family member is the Sole representative of the business in UK. He will be in charge of all business operations and immigration process will follow as per the person in charge.
  • Same business activities need to be carried out. That means that the business will be an extension (Franchise) of the primary location.
  • Client will get 3 years visa at first, will then need to get an extension for 2 more years before they can apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain).
  • Parent company should keep operating, in case it does not, then extension will not be possible after 3 years. But in case parent company shuts down, we can help the client to change visa type when required. Additional costs would apply to that.
  • Client needs to stay in UK for at least 6 months in a calendar year.
  • Main applicant cannot do any other business. Although dependants can.
  • Health Care Surcharge: £ 4,000 for primary, £ 1,900 for dependents always needs to be in bank account at all time.
  • Trade license is required in UK/As well as where his company is functioning now.
  • Bank Statement of the primary business needs to be presented.
  • Audit Report needs to be presented.

Do not worry. We will help with the above mentioned tasks and duties. This is the main expertise of the partners and associates we work with. Get in touch with us today.

Get in touch with us to know more about the process and information.

© 2021 Rightstep Migration. All rights reserved.
Free Assessment